20,000 Identities/Cases confirmed
by War Without Witness, Australia, June 13, 2009
Reporting as of March 23, 2009: https://sangam.org/2009/03/Civilians_Killed.pdf?uid=3380
This “War Without Witness” report is based on firsthand information obtained from Government Hospital authorities, Government Officials, Police and Judiciary sources in Vanni and Sri Lanka, The North East Secretariat of Human Rights, Aid workers, Human Rights Activists in Sri Lankan working for leading INGO & NGOs (including UN and ICRC) and primary data gathering exercise amongst exiled Tamil Diaspora (photos and details of some of those Victims).
- Identities/cases ( Photo , Full Name , Date of Birth/Age, Home Town/Native Place) of more than 300 innocent Tamil civilians who have been killed by Sri lankan Armed Forces in 2009 has been documented in this report.
- Identities/cases ( Full Name, Age, Sex , Hospital admitted at ) of more than 19,700 inocent Tamil civilians who have been killed or injured by Sri lankan Armed Forces in 2009 has been documented in this report. (Annex 01 and Annex 02).
- More than 95% of this 20,000, confirmed identities of Victims killed or injured by Sri Lanka Armed Forces
occurred in first three month from January to March 2009 and doesn’t include the final stages of the battle
described by UN as ‘bloodbath on beaches’ in April and May 2009.
- By end of April and till 20th May death toll estimated by various Human Rights Organisations ( Including UN Local staff ) are around 1000 a day.
- More than 430 Tamil Civilians have died after fledding the war-zone in UN funded detention camps & hospitals, due to Injury, Starvation ( lack of food and medicine ) and diaria. ( Annex 03 )
- A Case documented by War Without Witness confirms the Genocidal War by Sri lankan Government where
victims are from 4 Generations of a single family and now no one from that family exist to tell their story or seek justice ( Annex 04 ).
Photo by Sri Lanka Government/Reuters